Bureau Veritas announces accreditation for its new Thailand lab
Bangkok, Thailand, 14 December, 2017 – Bureau Veritas, a leading Testing, Inspection and Certification provider for the consumer and electrical/electronic products industry announces its Thailand laboratory, recently opened in Bangkok, has obtained ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation. The new Thailand laboratory is the latest addition to Bureau Veritas’ network for softlines and leather goods.
Strategically situated in Bangkok, only a few kilometers from the Suvarnabhumi Airport, the new operation resides in a modern office / laboratory occupying 2,700 square meters and staffed with an experienced team of technical and customer service specialists. It is also equipped with the latest testing equipment; including the following analytical test platforms:
- Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
- Liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS)
- Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES)
- High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Ultraviolet-visible spectrophotometry (UV-Vis)
This new lab provides a broad range of performance, physical and analytical testing as well as a base for inspection, audit and social accountability services catering towards manufacturers/exporters of textile and garment products.
- Dimensional Stability (Shrinkage) and Colorfastness
- Fiber Content and Fabric Construction
- Flammability, abrasion and strength
- Water Resistance and Repellency
- Chemical / Analytical tests of pH, formaldehyde, lead content, heavy metals and phthalates
- Inspection for both soft and hard goods
Rasanga Ulluvis Hewage, Regional Chief Executive of Bureau Veritas CPS Central Asia region commented: “The opening of our Thailand laboratory supports the growth of the garment and textile industry in Thailand and meets the increasing testing and inspection/audit needs in the area. It also provides a base for further service and market segment expansion which we will align to the changing dynamics of Thailand’s consumer and electrical/electronic goods market.”
For enquiries, please contact:
Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services (Thailand) Ltd.
383 4th floor Soi.Soonvijai 4 (Rama 9 Soi 13) Rama 9 Rd
Bangkapi, Huai Khwang, Bangkok 10310 Thailand
Tel: +662 017 0650 / Fax: +662 017 0699