The TIC market
A > €200bn market opportunity
source : Bureau Veritas Estimates
TIC Market sizing methodology
Touching all sectors
Mega-Trends boosting growth prospects
- Rise of the middle class in emerging countries and rise in demand for safety, as well as infrastructure investments.
- Use of complex technologies, shorter product lifecycles, complexity of supply chains.
- Need by global corporations to better protect their brand in addition to regulatory compliance.
- Outsourcing and privatization.
Regional, national or global markets
|Marine & Offshore||Medium||12 members of the International Association of Classification Societies (IACS) class more than 90% of the global shipping fleet.|
|Agri-Food & Commodities|
|High||A few global players. A large number of local players.|
|Medium||A few global players. A few regional groups and specialized local players.|
- Government services and international trade
|Low||Four main players for government services.|
|Industry||High||A few large European or global players. A large number of highly specialized local players.|
|Buildings & Infrastructure||High||A few regional players. A large number of local players.|
|Certification||High||A few global players and quasi-state-owned national certification bodies, and many local players.|
|Consumer Products||Medium||A relatively concentrated market for toys, textiles ad hardline products. Fragmented markets for electrical products and electronics.|