Bureau Veritas’ Consumer Products Services Division launches BV Mark to help its clients enhance end consumer trust
Nov. 17 2021
In today’s market, consumer brands face numerous challenges. For example: how to stand out within the online marketplace, which is filled with a million brands and choices? How can brands reassure quality-conscious buyers about the performance of their products? How can they build trust when the consumer buys online without physically evaluating the product? How can a product’s progress toward reducing environmental impacts be communicated?
Consumers are increasingly demanding transparency, and may dismiss the products – and the companies that own them – that do not deliver this. In this regard, brands need the seal of independent trusted third parties with unrivaled expertise in their field.
In order to support its clients to face end users’ growing expectations, the Consumer Products Services division of Bureau Veritas has developed two BV Mark schemes. These will be displayed on multiple types of products, including softlines, hard goods, electrical goods and electronics, personal care items and cosmetics, healthcare, and wireless devices.
BV Certification Mark
Based on BV protocols and/or standards, the BV Certification Mark provides a comprehensive assessment of both the product and production control with a yearly retest and factory audit. The BV Mark is an independent demonstration for end users that a product has been assessed over and above legal requirements for performance, electrical safety or chemical control. It does not supersede the regulatory certification if relevant. The assessment process for each product covers elements such as appearance, handling, performance, and durability.
BV Verification Mark
Based on customer needs for a product’s measurable and quantifiable ‘statements,’ Bureau Veritas independently attests that a unique feature – environmental performance improvement or load-bearing weight, for example – has been verified according to a range of criteria covering product quality, product performance, sustainability, connectivity. Clients can have multiple statements verified per product to address different market requirements.
By displaying one of these marks on their products, BV’s customers will:
- Stand out from the crowd, creating a sense of trust and assurance for consumers when making a purchasing decision
- Enhance the competitiveness of their products, providing consumers with an objective and trusted assessment that enables them to separate verified tangible facts from fiction or self-declaration
- Demonstrate green credentials, providing consumers with proof of the environmental performance of the product with a legible and visible marking
- Show consumers their commitment to quality, which goes above and beyond the statutory requirements
- Mitigate risk of returns through product certification and/or verified marketing claims, which ensures products sold meet end users’ expectations
The BV Mark will progressively be deployed by other divisions of Bureau Veritas, according to market and location needs. Existing certification marks used by our clients will remain operational to meet their needs.