Bureau Veritas CPS Global E.A.W. eNewsletter - June 2019
Jun. 28 2019
Welcome to the June issue of Bureau Veritas' Global E.A.W. eNewsletter for the Electrical & Electronics, Automotive and Wireless/Smartworld industry.
In this issue, we are delighted to give an update on cybersecurity regulations and Bureau Veritas’ Product Cybersecurity Test Solution. Our Cybersecurity Test assesses a product’s resilience against all known vulnerabilities; providing the end-user and wireless device buyers and manufacturers with confidence that due diligence has been carried out. Furthermore, our Milpitas lab located in Silicon Valley, USA has expanded its scope and can now offer two new services - EMC testing for South Africa approvals, and the wireless power charging (Qi) certification testing for the Wireless Power Consortium.
Read the latest stories below or click the relevant hyperlink to discover the full stories online.
Bureau Veritas Helps Secure Connected Products
• Adoption of connected devices continues to grow - 50 billion by 2020
• Continued rise in frequency and targets of cyber-attacks
• Various Cybersecurity regulations and guidelines continue to be published worldwide
• Bureau Veritas Product Cybersecurity Test Solution is applicable to products integrating Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi®, Zigbee, the key wireless technologies impacting smart automation and consumer IoT products
NEW: Wireless Power Charging (Qi) Certification Testing
• The Wireless Power Consortium has authorized BV’s Milpitas lab in Silicon Valley, USA for Certification testing
• Qi is an open interface standard that defines wireless power transfer using inductive charging via resonant inductive coupling
• Our South Korea lab has offered wireless power charging certification testing since the inception of the WPC Certification testing scheme
• These products can now be tested at Bureau Veritas’ laboratories in Korea and USA
EMC Testing for South Africa Approvals
• SABS is required for a product with an electrical component
• Our Milpitas lab has been recognized by the SABS (South African Bureau of Standards) for EMC testing, as part of the SABS A-Lab Program
• The new capability adds to the wide breadth of our EMC services offered in our Silicon Valley lab, achieving faster turnaround for South Africa approvals
We also provide the complete version of this eNewsletter including regulatory news and upcoming events.
Discover the enewsletter
Enjoy reading the E.A.W. eNewsletter, and stay connected with us.